Powered by Blogger.

Decorating From Afar


I'm procrastinating about doing a new floor plan...
so, I will hang a mirror above my window instead...
See how it draws your eye up to the pitched ceiling?  
Now, I kind of want a more "organic" light fixture there.  

 When we bought the farm table, now desk, at a flea market in Paris, the vendor threw in this antique basket as a "cadeau."  I  added it back to the desk to hold the topiaries and some current fabric samples.

Over the past year two years, I have been doing more online decorating plans.   It's interesting to me that most of my e-clients come from the South and California (one from Nova Scotia--Oh Canada).   I wonder why that is? 
 Yesterday, my client in Houston said she thought my style was "traditional with a pop."   She and I ordered several items for her guest room today...I hope to show you that plan and after photos in about six weeks (some backordered lamps need to arrive).

This young couple wanted a neutral design.  The wife said,  "my husband and I bought a small 1500 sq. ft cottage (above ground), that was built in the early 30's - about 7 yrs. ago.  It's located in the Garden District near LSU and it's a very charming little neighborhood".  I saw photos and it's got nice wood floors and built-ins.  She's not moving back in for a while but it's going to be great!
I helped her decide what to keep from Granny's heirlooms...
like her ladder back chairs and what to mix in.

It's all fun after I get the floor plan done.  My goal this year is to learn how to do floor plans on the computer not ...so "Old School."  Uh oh...I put it in writing.   I heard that Google has a free one and my client in Atlanta uses Microsoft Excel.
Have any program/class recommendations for me?  
 Look at all these sharpened pencils...what am I waiting for?  I'll start the Maryland family's floor plan tomorrow...instead, I'll show you the mood board for a large living room for another family in Baton Rouge.  They wanted neutral, too!  (We replaced the map with a Louis Philippe mirror and sconces).
You can get more information about a custom e-design HERE.

How is 2013 treating you so far?