Powered by Blogger.

ORC Week 4: Wall Décor

 These frames blend with the end tables in the bedroom 
I'm redoing for the One Room Challenge 
(where 20 bloggers make over one room in six weeks).
"My Babies"
If you are receiving this by email...
please click on the post title or HERE...
to come over to my website for a little visit.
 Even though I bought the frames at Pottery Barn a few years ago
...they feel special as they are no longer available.  
I printed the 8 x 10" black and white photos on my printer.

 We had this iron Crate & Barrel mirror when we lived in Fort Lauderdale, FL and then in Mammoth Lakes...and now
in Newport Beach, CA.
The "leaf pattern" goes with my theme, 
but the color needed lightening.
So, I painted it with Annie Sloan Pure White Paint 
and clear wax.
I wanted it to be subtle, because as you will see, 
I have a lot going on in this little room.  But it needs to be restful and welcoming.
You can read about the new curtains HERE and the stencil HERE.

Just outside the door is the stairwell...
and since there is so much light today, 
it looks like a good opportunity to retake/show my staircase.


 (I still want a runner--ha!  Would this qualify for
another One Room Challenge?  Not much to do).
It's coming along...  
Next week...the floor and customizing with nail heads..
Please come back!

Check out what these accomplished ladies have 
done in the last week...
Simple Details 

PS.  I've been carrying around this swatch everywhere.

Participating in The Charm of Home