Powered by Blogger.

Blue, White and Silver: Timeless Design

This Southern California client needed help finishing 
the décor of her living room. 
She lives north of Los Angeles and factoring in traffic and the amount of help she needed,
an e-design, made sense.
It's not completely there...but I want to show you 
the progress so far.
Here it is before.  
I had a good feel for my client's taste and the white 
wall to wall white carpet wasn't cutting it.
So, I told her it needed to go (I hate being the bad guy--
but she is really happy now with the wood floors).

She did a great job picking out the fabrics! 
We just needed lighting and accessories...
 Like a table to place your drink on and a lamp 
for ambient lighting.
 And some blue and white China to dress up the mantel...
and a tray to update the coffee table.
Many clients want blue and white these days;
and it really is timeless.  Since her sconces were silver, I suggested silver accents.
 And balance in the other corner with a fiddle leaf fig tree.
Now she is considering area rugs like this wool one 
from Pottery Barn
or a soft natural Belgian sisal from Restoration Hardware.
She's having drapes made for the far window that match the pretty ones on the opposite wall...all about symmetry. 
(Not that big a deal but, I told her I would have made the center sofa pillows larger, at least 22". 
She decided to redo them).
Drapes: Kravet - Zuma color: Kiwi
Blue & White pillows on chairs: Robert Allen - Bassett Hall - color: Cobalt oxide
Damask chair: Pindler & Pindler - Flores -color: Ceramic
Solid blue linen pillows - Restoration Hardware
My client has great taste. 
But sometimes an extra pair of eyes is needed.  
Next, I'm starting on her dining room.

If you think you would benefit from a local or e-design, 
please check out My Services page.