Powered by Blogger.

A Turquoise Birthday Party

It was my sister, Teresa's birthday yesterday.
Just a week ago, her cute Boston Terrier, Gus died. 
So it was a bittersweet party.   Gus was a party animal...literally.
But every birthday is a reason to celebrate, right?
My husband made these delicious appetizers...

The table cloth is from Anthropologie.
When I bought new flowers for the baskets over 
the stone animal trough,
Armstrong Nurseries gave me these 
organic insect fighters...lady bugs!

Have you seen these before?  So cool!
They are alive.  You place them on your flowers at dusk
to eat the harmful aphids.
 Look how my sister's present matched the table scape...
a happy coincidence.

Inside the box were these timeless, Ferragamo flats.
(From all of us).

 The candles were lit as my husband plated 
the first course.
Meanwhile, the gentle lady bugs 
were fast at work protecting my roses.
More fun ideas for a Turquoise Party are here.

Participating in

Say GDay Saturday
Tuesday's Treasures