Powered by Blogger.

Six Easy Care Indoor Plant Ideas

1.  Terrariums are the hot, new "retro" thing.  
My friend, Annie from Lovely Things 
explains how she made the terrariums below.

The Terrarium Man also shows how to make them.

For inspiration, here are some beautiful 
terrariums at Roger's Gardens using 
orchids, plants and
succulents and wood.


Here's an inexpensive, $19.99 


2. Succulents are still going strong.
This plant, requiring very little care, 
replaced the one on my blog header 
(much easier to keep alive).

Here is an old fountain used as 
an indoor plant container at Roger's Gardens.
I think it would look great in a large foyer.

3. Topiaries, made from ivy, rosemary or 
dwarf olive trees (like above) add greenery to
your home...and you can use them as table centerpieces, too.

4. My Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree
is still going strong after a year and a half.
I give it fertilizer monthly and do not have to worry 
about watering it when I am away due to the
Reservoir system that I installed myself.
I highly recommend this to maintain your tree.
This is the easy single serve fertilizer that I use.

And I use this Plant Shine for the leaves.

5. Orchids are always in style.  I water mine 
once a week by placing ice cubes at the base.
(But this one is really care-free as it's fake--
the moss and twigs that I added make it a bit more organic).

6.  Finally, good, real dried boxwoods 
are long lasting and need only occasional dusting.  
They are worth the investment.
These are Debbie's from Restoration Hardware.
With my indoor plants doing well, 
it's time to freshen up the patio.