Powered by Blogger.

Some of My Favorite Things

After helping my friend, Lisa with some decorating,she discovered through the grapevine that I had been admiring 
this pretty plate.
  And she sent me some!           

Juliska Country Estate Salad Plate

 They also make great dessert plates and 
mix well with all my white plates.


Two nights ago, when my cousin, Patricia arrived here in California after a long flight from New Jersey, I served her my lentil salad.  She loved it and asked for the recipe...so, I thought I would give it to you, too!



Vegetable Lentil Salad
1 package steamed, vacuum packed lentils (Trader Joe's has them)
Juice from one lemon
2-3 tbs finely chopped red onion
2 celery stalks chopped
1 Persian or 1/2 hot house cucumber chopped
1/2 red, yellow or orange pepper chopped
3 tbs chopped parsley 
Olive oil
Sea salt and pepper

In large bowl squeeze the juice of one lemon over the lentils and let sit while you chop the rest of the ingredients. 
Then add the rest of the ingredients, drizzle with olive oil.  Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Serve cold or at room temperature. I put some on top of arugula above.



Need a cute and comfortable pair of
I love these Havaianas 
with the crystal detail. 
My sister has BOTH pairs.


Chesapeake Candles have stepped up their containers 
(at Target).
So, I treated myself.  
The Caribbean Sea Salt candle smells great.

Treat yourself today!