Powered by Blogger.

Attention to Detail with Trim

I love the way trim finishes a look...
like on this simply upholstered chair.
Understated elegance.
Here, I used a braided cord on the coral pillow 
that has the sand color of the sofa to tie them together.
I've shown this before...but it's such a great idea to use some of the contrasting fabric on the solid pillow's flat welt.

This box edged flange from 
is a charming detail.
Here's a contrasting welt on my outdoor pillow 
that ties in the turquoise.

Look how many different 
trims are on these pillows...
 fun to mix it up.

Little Black Door has more examples of 
trim on furniture here.
Doesn't that flat contrasting welt make a statement?



These new appliqués from Mary McDonald's Schumacher 
line add a interesting element.
We used one in navy below...

I'm planning on making this for my
family Sunday night...
So easy from Iowa Girl Eats.

Have a happy Memorial Day weekend
everyone!