Powered by Blogger.

Classic Copper


Pans made with copper are great for making sauces as copper heats quickly and evenly.  And I like the "bling."  
It's expensive bling, even when you can find it at Home Goods.  
Dehillerin, a huge cookware store (with lots of copper), 
is a favorite stop of ours in Paris.  
Coastal Cottage Dreams writes about this store.
 I saw this image on Design Chic...
and it reminded me of our kitchen.
Some of our copper, like the tray above, 
 has been bought at flea markets
...and comes with a pretty patina like these...

How pretty is Tina's, from 
The Enchanted Home, copper cookware?

Here is a good report on understanding cookware 
and the differences in materials.
I keep these clean with just a little effort using 
Try it on brass and stainless steel, too.

A chef at a cooking class once told us that every 
kitchen could get by with just three basic pans:
•  a copper sauce pan
(such as Mauviel M'heritage 10.9-Quart Sauce Pan
•  a stainless steel stock pot
•  and an iron skillet

I made this centerpiece in five minutes using 
kumquats from the yard and leaves from the indoor tree.
(ok, maybe it looks just thrown together).

For dessert, we had Ina Garten's 
Chocolate Chunk BlondiesTry them!  They're great.  
I've already had two :(
But I packaged up most of them for our guests to take home.
 Participating in
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia