Powered by Blogger.

Painted Kitchen Cabinets Before and After

When my sister and mother bought their home in 
San Diego eight years ago, there were priorities.  
Painting the kitchen cabinets wasn't one of them 
(although I may have mentioned it a few times).
Until now!
Below is their kitchen before...
the only before photo I could find.
Alie wasn't cooperating.  Don't you hate that?  
So, to be fair, here is another shot of her with her Uncle Joe 
(same kitchen, you just can't see much of it).
We had to work with the granite countertop colors 
and try not to highlight the floors 
(which my sister hates, she has replaced 
the ceramic tile elsewhere with wood...
but this wasn't in the budget).

I suggested Benjamin Moore' Revere Pewter 
for the cabinets and my old standby, 
White Dove, for the walls.
 We also tested two colors for the island. 

With a job like this that requires sanding, priming, sanding again and spraying...it's important to have good painters.
Javier Galvan and his painting crew did a fine job.

Benjamin Moore's Chelsea Gray and Kendall Charcoal.
 With all the votes in, the Kendall Charcoal won
...for more contrast.

 I recommended finishing the hood with some wood 
trim like below.
I screen shot this before I knew the importance of crediting photographs.  If anyone knows the source, please tell me.
See how plain the hood was before?  
The hand painted Italian tile of the Madonna 
you see there was broken.  
Our cousin, who is an artist, believes she can repair it...
and it will go back in it's place of honor 
(possibly in a darker stained frame).
 Here's the hood with the new trim detail created by Javier.

The Revere Pewter paint looks pretty with stainless steel.
 My mother and sister say they love coming 
downstairs in the morning
for coffee in their bright and fresh kitchen.
Down the road...I'd like to add cabinet hardware, pendant lights and
a window valance but I'm keeping my mouth shut for now.
Have a great day!
Participating in