Powered by Blogger.

Beach Living Room Décor Before and After


When Lisa had her new wood floors put in, 
she decided to hire me to finish the decorating.
She liked what I did for her friend, Jeanne HERE and HERE.
This is the before photo.
The tan sofas were in good shape.
I wanted to upgrade this room with built in 
book shelves and library sconce lighting.


We splurged on the custom linen lumbar pillows,
Brunschwig & Fils Kashmiri.
Lisa says that they rarely used this room before...

But I hope she does now!
(in fact, I called Jeanne to tell her that she and Lisa
 needed to have a glass of wine in here ASAP
 to break in the room).

We also purchased a larger scaled tray coffee table.
Lisa painted her bamboo end table herself 
and added and a bit of gold rub on.  
I like how it ties in with the other black that we added.

 This is an after photo but basically, on my last visit, Lisa had all of her accessories on the dining table before I arrived.  Which makes shopping with what she already owns much easier.
She wanted the shelves "airy" and I like that too.

I don't have a before photo of this wall.  
But the altar table was there and 
we purchased the beveled iron mirror to 
reflect the light.   
 Lisa's blue and white 
accessories were consolidated 
here and the trunk was added.

The shell water color was given a new mat 
and reframed in bamboo.
For her antique books, I used Lisa's blue horse bookends 
(which she wasn't crazy about) so,

we switched them for shells.

Which bookends do you prefer?

Coming up next is Lisa's family room, 
so please come back!

 Google Reader ends on July 1.  However, you can continue to follow me with Bloglovin.

Participating in
Get Social Sunday
Home Sweet Home
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia