Powered by Blogger.

Entertaining with IKEA and More

Recently, we had a small group of friends over for dinner,
I bought these white enamel pitchers at IKEA and filled them with flowers from Trader Joe's.
They have three sizes and can also be used for beverages ($9.99-$19.99).

The linen napkins, actually dishtowels, are also from IKEA.
  Although they are not on-line, there were plenty of them at the store ($5.99 for two).
We used antique silver and bone fish knives and forks.  
These were a gift from my friend, Netta.
(elevating my casual setting!)

 My husband made Fish En Papillote
...sole with julienned vegetables cooked in parchment paper.  
He placed them on our plates, like little presents to open,
 with roasted Brussel sprouts.

I bought gourmet bakery cookies for dessert,
but if I had had time, how great would these be
by Marilyn of Pink Martinis and Pearls?
The day after the party...nice and clean 
and I love having the fresh flowers!

We celebrated Laura's and Cindy's birthdays with lunch
at Splashes in Laguna Beach.
 Attached to one of the gifts was a sprig of 
Meyer lemon blossoms from our tree
(with some plant shine spray on the leaves)
Very fragrant and easy! 
We had a table by the water.  Great service and food.


You're thinking that all I do is eat and party, 
aren't you?

I've been busy, too.  In fact, I will show you a sage green
master suite makeover soon and a new beach home 
with touches of sand and lilac.  Speaking of which...

Check out my Houzz Ideabook 
Fresh Ways to Use Lavender

Have a spectacular Labor Day weekend!