Powered by Blogger.

Fresh Plants to Replace Your Holiday Décor

During this colder time of year, 
when the holiday décor comes down 
and the pine needles are swept away, 
it's nice to have fresh foliage inside.
Recently, my husband agreed to accompany me on an 
exploratory mission to the San Francisco Flower Mart.
Nice of him, but it meant I couldn't meander.
It is supplied by locally owned growers 
and allows non-wholesale buyers after 10 am.
We showed up around 10:30 am 
and the inventory seemed good.
There are floral supplies there, too, 
like ribbons and containers.
I was looking for topiaries for the mantel.
I bought two ivy plants, moss, twigs, and terracotta pots.
I like to add branches and 
moss for a more organic look.
The Anastasia Mirror was purchased from Anthropologie.
It has a nice patina and fits the space
and 1920's architecture.
I put moss in the saucers, too.
(This is the room before we moved in and 
painted the walls Benjamin Moore White Dove).
We bought that antique screen 
in the south of France years ago.
It's has been versatile 
(it was in our bedroom in Newport).

I also bought two orchid plants.  
It's nice when they have more than one branch.
And here they are in our dining room...

These long living ranunculus  
were also purchased at the flower mart.

Off topic, but before Tommy went back to school (sob), 
he and his girlfriend, Olivia taught me more about Instagram...
including how to do a photo collage like 
this one on Pic Stitch.
Elizabeth from TMC Designs is going to put an Instagram button on my
blog site but for now you can just search classiccasualhome.  
House plants can freshen your décor 
and help clean the air.  Enjoy your time indoors!

Participating in 
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond The Picket Fence